Monday, June 04, 2007

Peking to Paris Rally – Fettling Day


The cars had arrived from Beijing the day before on the 31st May and now had a fettling day before setting off to cross Mongolia on 2nd June. The first car I saw was this rather nice Alvis being given the treatment by Alison’s young family.

Then I rounded the corner, oh….my…..god!!!!!! It was like a massive car surgery!!!! Cars in bits everywhere.

Remind me again where you are going tomorrow? South, then the west across Mongolia to the western most crossing point…… into where??? But that way there are next to no metalled roads. Are you crazy!!!!! My map says that is 2000 km.


Now this has to be the ultimate in keeping your cool when all around are……etc, etc!!!!

And our old friend looks on. If only he had had this technology in 1207!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment