Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Home Stay.

As part of the in-country training, we have had the opportunity to spend 4 days and nights with a family.




My host family were a young couple, Shuree, Khass and their little 2 year old Beriga. They made me very welcome and I have to say I had the best of times with them








The family took me all over UB including a visit to The Megid Janraysig Temple. This was fascinating, having an inside view into what was going on and being able to walk around the inside of the temple whilst the service was in progress without feeling I was doing something wrong.







Buriga turned the pray wheels. We bought ‘holy’ water and incense to burn at home











On the Saturday evening a firework display lit the UB skyline. We had a grandstand view for the apartment window



And then it was time for supper. Nothing left. What a great 4 days. I cannot thank Khass, Shuree and little Buriga enough for making me feel so much at home. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment