Friday, May 02, 2008

Guangzhou to Kunming

Stone Forest


We travelled by train from Kunming to Guangzhou. A journey taking exactly 24 hours. We left Kunming on the dot and arrived in Guangzhou on the dot. Impressive. The sleeping arrangements are 6 to an open cubic. Lights off 10pm, wake up music on at 7 am. The carriage attended clocked that I looked ancient and I was given a Chinese knot emblem over my cot to signify the fact!!! Well, she said I was to be recognised as a special customer and wrote my details up in a ledger. Smart.





Kunming at 2000 mtrs is 500 mtrs higher than Ulaanbaatar. The train journey east to Guangzhou on the coast passes through the stone forest, a huge area of weird upright limestone structures. Sorry, shots from the train were not easy. Missed a whole load to impressive deep cut valleys etc. Bummer. Oh well, next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment