Friday, April 28, 2006

Paused

Put Back

Would you Adam and Eve it? On Tuesday, Alan, my VSO placement officer, let me know that the Mongolian placement had been put back to August. It was always going to be ambitious to put a new development programme together in three months and I did half expect the start to be delayed. But the best news is that the Mongolian employer has accepted me as a volunteer! How brilliant is that? So, three months....... what to do?

Plan B

The first thought was to go traveling. I have two outstanding invitations to stay with friends in Thailand. That should pass the summer months quite nicely, thank you very much!!! Perhaps I could even fit in a return flight via Ulaanbaatar? Then I did a reality check. That is, I conducted an indepth financial analysis. And of course it wouldn't taxi, never mind fly! So back to the drawing board.

Plan C

A couple of emails later and a much better/feasible plan has emerged. I have managed to arrange a couple of working visits to a University and an FE college which both run courses in construction. This should go some way to plugging my knowledge gap!! Together with an invite to a friend's art exhibition and trips to stay with a couple of mates, that should take me to the middle/end of June. Sorted!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment