Sunday, May 21, 2006

London College Visit

Information gathering

I arrived in London to stay with friends on Friday. I love coming "up to town". Ruth and me always do the current exhibitons. Yesterday, Saturday, we did 4!!!!! By far the best was the Modernism and Design exhibition at the V & G. Superb history lesson on the influence of Modernism from the post Russian Revolution period to the present. The visual displays and the links made between art, design and engineering are extremely will presented. The massive influence the Bauhaus group had our lives today was well pointed up. As we wandered around the 10 rooms, I wondered what our world would be like now if they had had computer controlled machine tools which can create free forms and not just flats and circles.

Today, Sunday, I am off to see a friend who has recently come back into my life. She is currently preparing her final year sculpture installation for exhibition and assessment in June. All very exciting and none engineering. But I guess, sort of construction!!!

But, I digress!! VSO. Ruth has arranged a punishing schedule for me to meet both the construction guys and the engineering guys on two separate days. Am I ready to be thrown back into a work situation after so may years out of it?? I will let you know in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment