Friday, May 26, 2006

My Life.


Personal matters

A special person has come into my life. Gek.

What can I say. Since Jenny died in December last year, I have been thrashing around this planet, trying to make sense of it all and searching for a way to open to a get into a new future.......almost any future would have done. And, boy, did I find a way!!!!

First VSO offers me an opportunity to die for.......Mongolia. AND a way to meet and interact with some of the smartest and most pro-active people you are ever likely to find in one room!!! Made up! A true life line.



And, now Gek the sculptress!! A talented artist, Gek is Singaporean and has been studying/practicing sculpting in the UK for the past three years. We have know each other since 1993, but Gek was also a colleague of Jenny's in Singapore during three years we worked there in the early 1980's. We met up again briefly in the new year and, as they say, the rest is history.

Gek is on the cusp of change. She finishes her studies in June this year and is now busy preparing her final pieces for exhibition. We both want to grasp the challenge that VSO offers with both hands and the organisation is currently exploring ways in which we could be together on placement.

Something I omitted to mention:..........in a previous life Gek was a high flying Information Technolgy expert with a special interest in Curriculum Development in higher education!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Dear Gek
    You are my soulmate. we have worked together for almost 20 years, an I feel enriched being your colleague, your friend, your soulmate.
    I love you.
    Swi

    ReplyDelete