Saturday, November 25, 2006

UB and the Second Snow of the Winter.


Seoul Street. The entrance to the Russian embassy is on the left, just in picture. Not much snow but it did turn the streets a very attractive white. I am devising a Whitworth Cold Scale .
  1. When I first walk out in the mornings and my eyes start to water....... it is cold. My nose will then automatically start to run, no choice.
  2. If my knees start to feel chilled and my chin goes numb...... then it is very cold.
  3. At this stage my fingers start to hurt, in the ski gloves.
  4. Now the soles on my shoes have hardened and it sounds like I am wearing clogs.
  5. You cannot leave the appartment
I am guessing at the moment, but I think 2 on the W.C.scale is somewhere between -5 and -10 deg C. I think the W.C. scale will get to 5, after that there will be no point in measuring.....I will be very stiff!!!!!! We have now actually walked outside in -28 deg C for half an hour and I have to say it was not that bad. Really!!! And I have had to revise the scale W.C. 2 is around -15 deg C. We can cope. Infact, I like it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment