Monday, April 16, 2007

Forbidden City Part 2

You cannot, in truth, see very much when you peer into the palaces/throne rooms. No artificial light, you see. It was only after this picture was enhanced on the computer did I see what I had photographed!! They all look very much the same to the untrained eye. Very busy. Not modernist at all.

The alleys often featured on Kung Foo films. Very long.

Starbucks. Yes, you read right. I had seen an item on Chinese TV, discussing whether it was appropriate to leave the Starbucks coffee bar in the Forbidden City after the restoration. So I just had to visit. You really need a mission when visiting a place like the F C. Get a bit of perspective. Well, I agree it has to go. How dare Starbuck's be so insensitive!!! I counted 10 individuals with Starbuck's coffee cartons wantonly flashing the Starbuck's logo at every opportunity. Shouldn't be allowed!!!

The End. Well almost. It is a big moat. The whole place is a must see. The largest Palace Complex in the world. Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment